Bitcoinology: Strengthening the Foundation

Over the past few weeks, Bitcoinology has started to feel different.

When I first launched this page, my focus was consistency, including posting regularly, learning Canva, understanding my audience, and building momentum. During the past few weeks, the focus shifted from simply creating content to strengthening the foundation behind it. Instead of just asking, “What should I post next?” I started asking, “What does someone need to understand before they can truly grasp this topic?” That shift changed everything.

I spent the past weeks diving deeper into foundational Bitcoin concepts like self-custody, cold storage, seed phrases, fungibility, the Gold Standard, and diversification. Rather than treating each topic as a standalone post, I began structuring them in a way that builds on one another. For example, understanding self-custody naturally leads to cold storage, which then leads to seed phrases and wallet security. This sequencing made the content feel more intentional and educational rather than random.



One of the biggest growth areas for me was technical accuracy. Writing about seed phrases forced me to research how they actually work, from the BIP-39 standard to the 2,048-word list used to generate them, and the differences between 12-word and 24-word phrases. I realized quickly that if I couldn’t explain something clearly and confidently, I didn’t understand it deeply enough yet. Teaching Bitcoin has pushed me to study it more seriously.

I also refined the visual side of the account. Instead of trying to make every slide match, I focused on clarity and my audience. Colorful layouts, stronger hooks, less clutter, and more intentional flow from slide to slide. Canva continues to be a helpful tool, but now I’m using it more strategically rather than experimentally. I’m also constantly working to balance depth with simplicity. Bitcoin can easily become overly technical, but oversimplifying it does a disservice to the topic. Finding that balance of fun and education is something I’m continuing to refine.



Through Instagram’s professional dashboard, I’ve been paying closer attention to what resonates. Foundational educational posts, especially around self-custody and security, seem to create the most engagement. That tells me people are looking for clarity and practical knowledge, not just surface-level information. It has helped me better understand who my audience is and what they value. 

I can see from the photo below that in the past 2 weeks, over 700 people viewed my account. A good number are looking at my stories, which tells me I need to post on there more often. I am still figuring out how to make a professional, engaging, and entertaining reel for the account. 



In exciting news, since starting this account, I have been invited to speak with the Bitcoin Student Network and the Bitcoin Culture Hub on what I am working on. This was a very inspirational experience as I gained followers and understanding of how to approach my posts.


Overall, this phase has been less about rapid growth and more about intellectual growth. The account feels more grounded. The content feels more structured. And I feel more confident explaining complex ideas in a way that is both accurate and accessible.

Bitcoinology started as a student-led project. It is gradually becoming something more disciplined and intentional. I’m excited to continue building it in public, strengthening the foundation, and seeing how far it can go.




Comments

Popular Posts