Devotional With the Merediths
Messages on Jesus Christ and his Atonement Change the Trajectory of BYU-Idaho’s Winter Semester
Jan. 14, 2025
Rexburg, Idaho
Devotionals at Brigham Young University Idaho (BYU-I) often gather a large crowd. For the first official week of the Winter 2025 semester, the I-Center, where devotionals are held, was nearly full. Each of the 15,000 seats got to hear the incredible messages shared by President of BYU-I, President Alvin F. Meredith III, and his wife Sister Jenifer Meredith. President Meredith has been serving the university since August of 2023. He teaches the students on campus the importance of being a disciple scholar. President Meredith is a great example to the young, influential kids attending BYU-I as he has a bachelors in psychology, a masters in business/finance, and has had a leadership role in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for many years. From this background and the many messages they have shared before, the couple's messages were well received by the audience this past Tuesday.
The messages for the January 14 devotional were focused on reeducating oneself about Jesus Christ. BYU-I religion professor Brian Kinghorn said, “I really appreciated the connections [they] made with creation and atonement.” Brother Kinghorn has been teaching at BYU-I for 26 years and continues to listen in on every devotional. He especially enjoys the beginning of the semester because, “we get to hear from both Sister and President Meredith.”
From the student perspective, it is common to hear that devotional is the highlight of their typical Tuesday on campus. When asked what was one thing students should remember from this particular devotional, Riley Gardner, a freshman studying business management shared, “I hope they understand that the atonement of Jesus Christ is not only infinite, but for them.”
Students and professors were blessed to hear from the President of BYU-I and his wife this past Tuesday. There were many lessons shared on the atonement of Christ and how one can implement it in their lives. The members of Rexburg are looking forward to the message they will receive next week.
Comments
Post a Comment