Bitcoinology Growth Spurt
The past few weeks have been a big growth spurt for Bitcoinology.
Earlier in the project, my focus was mainly on building the foundation through educational posts and understanding how to present Bitcoin concepts clearly. Recently, I started expanding into new formats, especially reels. This ended up being a great decision. Not only did it increase engagement on the account, but it also helped establish the page as more active and authentic. At one point, Instagram was flagging the account as potentially automated, but once I began posting reels and interacting more consistently, that issue disappeared.
Since my last update, the account has gained about 15 new followers. For a small, student-run educational page, that growth feels significant. It’s encouraging to see that people are discovering the content and choosing to stick around to learn more.
Another improvement I made was organizing the page for newcomers. I created story highlights to group posts into categories so that someone who visits the page can easily navigate through the content. Instead of scrolling through everything randomly, they can quickly find foundational concepts, practical applications, and broader discussions about Bitcoin in the world. Structuring the information this way made the page feel more intentional and easier to explore.
I also spent time continuing to deepen the posts themselves. Rather than only covering general ideas, I focused more on specific concepts such as public and private keys, custodial storage, the Bitcoin ledger, and nodes. These topics are slightly more technical, but they are important pieces of understanding how the system actually works. Writing about them forced me to slow down, research carefully, and make sure I could explain each idea clearly.
The biggest creative shift for me has been experimenting with reels. To improve the quality, I even ordered a small microphone so I could record clearer audio. Learning how to film, speak naturally on camera, and edit short-form content has been a new challenge, but it has also been fun. I’ve started getting more comfortable with it and even recorded a few extra reels ahead of time so I can stay consistent in the coming weeks.
One of the most encouraging moments recently was having the opportunity to speak with the Alabama Bitcoin Club about Bitcoinology and what I’ve been building. Sharing the project with other students who are interested in Bitcoin was inspiring. It reminded me that talking about the ideas and progress behind the page is just as valuable as the posts themselves. Conversations like that help refine my thinking and motivate me to keep going.
Looking back, Bitcoinology started as a class project and an experiment in sharing what I was learning. Over time it has started to feel like something bigger. I’ve invested real time into studying the topics, improving the content, and building a small but growing community around it. It feels less like an assignment and more like something that could continue long after the course ends.
I’m excited to keep building, keep learning, and keep sharing the process publicly. If the past few weeks are any indication, Bitcoinology is only just getting started.
Comments
Post a Comment